What Is Low-Code?
Low-code allows you to transform ideas into innovation fast. There’s no need to code an application line-by-line. With low-code, you draw it — like a flowchart.
Deliver Enterprise Applications at the Speed of Business
This efficient process:
- Makes creating new applications quick and intuitive
- Accelerates the process of moving from intention to application
- Removes the barriers between business and IT
- Boosts the power of every application — at no extra cost
What Makes Low-Code So Fast?
According to Forrester, low-code development is up to 20 times faster than coding line-by-line. Low-code achieves this speed by simplifying the very complex processes of application development and maintenance.
Intuitive, reusable design
- Simply draw a flowchart to define business logic, or drag and drop to build an interface. You can even point and click to create rules or configure an integration.
- Everything you build in your app can be applied to another one, today or tomorrow
With low-code, business and IT work collaboratively to define the application, using a visual design process that makes sense across the enterprise.
- Keep business and IT on the same page
- Enable constant communication and direct feedback, with the ability to customize workflows
- Deploy updates and changes as business needs evolve
Low-code makes deploying, managing, and changing applications simple.
- Unveil applications to your users with a click on web or mobile
- Make changes or updates instantly, with no downtime and no interruption to business operations
- Maintain governance with built-in version and change control, along with safeguards to ease application maintenance so you can keep innovating
Why Is Low-Code So Powerful?
Low-code platforms are capable of meeting the toughest enterprise requirements: mobility, security, scalability, and reliability. In the past, application quality reflected developer skills and time spent. With low-code, however, it's the the low-code platform, particularly a sophisticated one, that does the work. Low-code builds power, for free, into your applications so you can focus on business impact.
Build once, deploy everywhere. With low-code, mobile and web require no extra effort, coding, or resources.
Quality and reliability
Developers no longer need to spend additional time on SLAs for uptime, high availability, and scalability features. With an enterprise-grade low-code platform, these benefits are inherent to every application you build.
Security and compliance
Low-code applications inherit the platform's security and compliance features and capabilities, including:
- Audits and ongoing security monitoring built in
- Compliance with certifications such as FedRamp, PCI-DSS, SOC 2, SOC 3, HIPAA, GxP, and EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks
How Is Low-Code Sustainable?
Maintaining hundreds of applications is a struggle, especially if many are outdated.
Low-code enables unified, reusable common components and data schemas from all applications. This consolidation boosts development productivity while strengthening governance.
- Incorporate standard interface paradigms and encourage common UX patterns across all applications, improving user experience and reducing training costs
- Enable simultaneous upgrade of every application, to more swiftly take advantage of new features and capabilities
- Future-proof any application developed on the platform by seamlessly supporting new operating systems, browsers, mobile devices, and UI technologies, as well as innovations or paradigm shifts in workload management and devops
Low-code accelerates the transition from idea to innovation by removing the traditional barriers between business and IT. Low-code allows the rapid build, launch, and change of powerful apps.
The result? Massive business impact, fast.